Chandler Lake and Mission Point Press help clients publish their own books. We understand that publishing a book is no small undertaking. Our goal is to produce the highest quality book in the most cost-efficient way possible – and to do so with top-notch customer service.
We can help:
- Create your book’s content: Do you need a writer? A co-author? Photography? Illustrations?
- Provide editing services, so your book not only flows but is error-free as well.
- Provide design services, so your book is visually striking and well organized.
- Print your book.
- Consult on marketing and distributing the finished titles.
More specifically, here is a menu of what Chandler Lake and Mission Point can offer:
Project Management, Design and Pre-Press:
We offer turn-key management and production services that take your book from finished manuscript to print-ready. Included:
- A project manager over the production process, being your liaison between you and the book's printer. This manager also guides the schedule of overall production.
- A writer, co-author, photographer, artist … whatever is needed.
- A designer who will package your manuscript into a highly attractive, visually strong book. The designer creates the final page files for upload to our printer.
- Continual proofing along the production process, so that you can see the book’s development and make suggestions all along the way.
- A set of final printer’s proofs … a complete set of all of the book’s pages exactly as they will appear when printed.
- An ISBN number and Library of Congress number assigned to your book.
Copyright registration is not necessary. Your book is legally copyrighted upon its publication.
We use Walsworth Publishing as our exclusive printer on Chandler Lake projects for a variety of reasons:
- Their pricing is very competitive because of our long-term relationship and the volume we do with them.
- We like to boast that our books are “Printed in the United States.”
- We can turn books quickly … usually within four weeks, and if necessary, even quicker.
- We are a very big customer of theirs, so they value our relationship very highly. Customer service is top-notch.
- We talk their language. Printing a book is a very technical endeavor, and it’s critical that both publisher and printer know what’s involved. We know the Walsworth operation.
- If a short run of books is needed ... typically, 500 or less ... then we may recommend print-on-demand publishing using the services of Create Space, a division of Amazon.com.
We can convert your book into an e-book and get it distributed to all of the major e-book stores, including the Kindle Store, the iBookstore, B&N and Google Books. Proceeds from the sale of your e-books flow directly to you. We set you up initially, then get out of the way.
Marketing and distribution:
Creating a book is one thing. Selling it is quite another. We have extensive knowledge of the marketing challenge and sales solutions when it comes time to sell your book. Although most clients plan to do much of their own selling, we can provide marketing help through Mission Point Press.
References of past clients are available upon request.
About the photo above: The scene is the shore at Elk Rapids, Michigan, on Traverse City's East Bay. The dog is Doug and Cindy's Great Pyrenees, Nellie.